The Department of Fine and Performing at Loyola University Chicago houses the disciplines of Dance, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts. We are located primarily in the Mundelein Center for the Fine and Performing Arts on Loyola's north-side Chicago Lakeshore Campus. We accept submissions related to our programs and the Ralph Arnold Gallery,
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago’s Bachelor of Arts in Dance.
To be considered for the dance major at Loyola University Chicago, dancers must attend an audition on our Lake Shore Campus in Chicago. If you are unable to attend the primary audition for the major you may choose the alternate date listed.
Please remember - acceptance to the Dance program is contingent upon acceptance to Loyola University Chicago. For admissions applications and details, click here.
The audition will take place on Saturday February 8th 2020.
Audition Day Schedule :
- 9:00am: Audition Check-In
- 9:30am: Welcome Remarks from the DFPA Chairperson
- 10:15am: Student and Parent Orientation (Dance)
- 11:00am: Ballet Class
- 12:15am: Modern Combinations
- 1:00pm: Dance Majors Q&A Panel
- 1:30pm: Small Group Interviews
(Schedule subject to change)
Please be sure to wear appropriate dance attire.
You must complete the application in order to register for Dance Major Auditions.
As part of your audition we request that you submit a solo on video:
- Solo should two-minutes long and choreographed
- May be of any technique or style you choose
- May be composed by the dancer or another choreographer
For audition requirements, please see our website.
For Visitor Information, please click here.
Although we prefer in-person auditions on February 8, we do recognize that some students, particularly international students, may not be able to attend the audition.
To that end, please see the following instructions for submitting a video submission:
- Ensure you have filled out this application
- Provide the following video sequences of Ballet technique:
- Barre work: Plies in all positions; Tendus from 5th position; Rond de Jambe a terre; Fondus with Développé
- Center work: Tendus with Pirouettes en dehors; Adagio
- You only need to demonstrate on one side, but should alternate sides for different exercises
A link to your video audition should be added to your application along with a two minute solo of your choosing. You may also send a link to the Director of Dance, Sandra Kaufmann, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the DFPA at email@example.com with any additional questions.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you!
Department of Fine and Performing Arts
The Ralph Arnold Gallery produces four group exhibitions a year and focuses on local and regional artists and curators. Alongside exhibitions, we offer programming opportunities aimed towards Loyola students and the Chicago community at large. We accept submissions from regional curators and local individual artists to be considered for group exhibitions. Curators may not include themselves in exhibition proposals.
Proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis and exhibitions are planned a minimum of a year in advance. Proposals are archived for future consideration.