Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago’s Bachelor of Arts in Dance. We are happy that you will be joining us for an in-person audition.
To be considered for the dance major at Loyola University Chicago, dancers must attend an audition on our Lake Shore Campus in Chicago. If you are unable to attend the primary audition for the major you may choose the alternate date listed.
Please remember - acceptance to the Dance program is contingent upon acceptance to Loyola University Chicago. For admissions applications and details, click here.
The main audition date for the Dance Major has passed. Perspective majors are encouraged to audition in person during the alternative date on Friday, March 29.
Audition Day Schedule (3/29):
- 1:30pm - 2:15pm: Perspective students and their families meet with Director of Dance - (location TBA)
- 2:45pm - 4:15pm: Ballet Class - Mundelein 409
- 4:30pm - 5:45pm: Showcase of current student choreography and dance research, perspective students and families invited to attend - Mundelein 409
Please be sure to wear appropriate dance attire.
You must complete the application in order to register for Dance Major Auditions.
As part of your audition we request that you submit a solo on video:
- Solo should two-minutes long and choreographed
- May be of any technique or style you choose
- May be composed by the dancer or another choreographer
For audition requirements, please see our website.
For Visitor Information, please click here.
If you are unable to attend the primary audition for the major you may choose the alternate date listed, which is March 29, 2019. Although we prefer in-person auditions, we do recognize that some students, particularly international students, may not be able to attend the audition.
To that end, please see the following instructions for submitting a video submission:
- Ensure you have filled out this application
- Provide the following video sequences of Ballet technique:
- Barre work: Plies in all positions; Tendus from 5th position; Rond de jambe a terre; Fondus with developpes
- Center work: Tendus with pirouettes en dehors; Adagio
- You only need to demonstrate on one side, but should alternate sides for different exercises
A link to your video audition should be added to your application along with a two minute solo of your choosing. You may also send a link to the Director of Dance, Sandra Kaufmann, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the DFPA at email@example.com with any additional questions.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you!
Department of Fine and Performing Arts