Marketing & Communications Associate/Gallery Website Manager Job Description
The Marketing & Communications Department of the Department of Fine and Performing Arts is looking for an ambitious a Fine Arts or Communications student with an aptitude for arts marketing to join the new marketing team as our Fine Arts Marketing & Communications Associate/Gallery Website Manager. This position is only open to current Loyola University Chicago undergraduate students. Applicants must have a sophomore standing or higher.
The Marketing & Communications Associate works under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator and act as a liaison between their respective unit (Fine Arts) and the rest of the M&C team, which is comprised of DFPA students from the three other programs (Dance, Theater, and Music). The Fine Arts M&C Associate will execute a variety of responsibilities in support of the department's M&C initiatives (promotion of public programming, internal communications, brand management, etc). The Associate is expected to give Fine Arts Program tours to perspective students and families as well as attend biweekly M&C Team meetings.
Additionally, the Associate will be regularly maintaining the Ralph Arnold Gallery website, building its social media accounts. The Associate will maintain regular office hours both at the Mundelein Building and at the Ralph Arnold Gallery during its public hours (Thurs: 12-7pm, Fri: 12-5pm, Sat: 12-5pm).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing social media campaigns for Fine Arts public programming
- Executing the campaigns
- Assessing efficacy on overall engagement, ticket sales
- Generating content in line with campaign goals
- Executing internal communications for their respective unit
- Generating content for website (luc.edu/finearts), ralpharnoldgallery.com, Vendini and Emma
- Creating social media content
- Social media posting/streaming during opening receptions
- Coordinating photography shoots for each exhibition
- Serving as a liaison to Director of Fine Arts and the Gallery Director to determine communication needs
- Executing internal Fine Arts communications with majors, minors, and faculty via Facebook and Sakai
- Executing internal Fine Arts/M&C communications to accurately and effectively schedule photographers for classes, rehearsals, and programming
- Assist with the recruitment of prospective students to Fine Arts programming and recruitment events.
- Provide tours to prospective students as scheduled and available
- Proofreading marketing materials
- Access/Handpick photos for marketing and communication use
- Work with the associates from other disciplines, office assistants to complete tasks and provide support for other projects.
- Experience with website maintenance
- Excellent creative and formal/professional writing ability
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Strong project management skills
- Federal Work Study
- Current Loyola Undergraduate student
- Proficiency with Flickr, Asana, Canva, Outlook, Vendini, Photoshelter, Wordpress and T4
- Knowledge of Chicago visual arts community
- Knowledge of Loyola University departments, campus buildings, organizational structure
- General interest in arts marketing
Job Beginning: September 15 or sooner